sun set

sun set

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Day 9

Day 9

Today I awoke early to go on a Drama tour to Spartanburg South Carolina.  It was an all day trip. By 3 in the afternoon I was afraid I would not have time to get out and walk.  I looked around the sanctuary of the little church we were visiting, at the sleeping teenagers.  I couldn't leave them there while I went walking because I was supervising.  No one looked like they had enough energy to walk.  After contemplating it, I finally asked, "So how would you guys like to go for a walk?"  Much to my surprise everyone excitedly agreed and within a few minutes we were walking down the road together.  

So this girl who doesn't like walking with people walked today with 11 teenagers.  What a blessing it was.  Joy filled, fresh air abundant walk.  Perhaps the most prominent beauty today was those 11 teenagers.  Their laughter and their energy was so uplifting. I praise God I had the willingness to ask if they were willing to walk. Such a great day! 

I know this picture is messy but I loved seeing the brown woods with the red sprinkled throughout. 



I love this picture.  The pines were beautiful and smelled amazing. 




So we were walking along the road down the street from the church and I start hearing water and we come upon this.  I couldn't believe it.  So beautiful!!! 


These kids are taking a picture of their feet standing right on the edge of the wall that drops down into the creek.  It was a scary moment for me.  Thinking how just one wrong step and we are in a world of hurt... yet reminded that in our daily lives when we feel on the edge that God is right there with us.  When we go over the edge, God is right there with us.  


These leaves looked like fairy dust.  So beautiful. The picture doesn't do it justice. 











These crazy kids reminded me today of how unique our creator has made each of us.  How special we are to him, and how relationships are EVERYTHING!  I can honestly say it was a terrific walk, a terrific time with God!







Happy Week everyone.  I am looking forward to the walks this next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment