Day 10
Roads taken
So today I took Moxy with me on my walk. She is a large energetic dog which made taking pictures with my phone challenging. We had a good time. With her I was a little more adventuresome. I wasn't worried about snakes in fields or what creatures might be lurking. I would bet on Moxy if she came in contact with even a bear. We walked for over an hour and saw so much beauty.
| This looked like lace trim. |
It was raining much of the walk. Not a hard rain but spitting at the least and a gentle light rain at the hardest. I didn't have rain gear on but didn't care. I just enjoyed it all. I can't believe this picture is just feet away from MPA campus. It is amazing the scenery around here.
| The fog in the mountains was beautiful today. So mysterious. |
Roads are an interesting thing. A path to somewhere. They can take us to places we have never been and take us home to where we long to go. They can take us places we shouldn't go or take us where we have always dreamed. What road am I on?
I am on a new journey, going down a new road that I hope leads to better health and a renewed spirit. This road after going through the beautiful woods and trees opens up into a beautiful valley. I didn't get a good picture of the openness at the other end because of the rain. I couldn't help but wonder what will open up for me at the end of this road I'm on? Yet focusing on the opening or the end is a waste of a beautiful road, with stunning trees. I will stop focusing on the opening and relish in the road.
| No explanation needed! |
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Psalm 16:11
Ten days in a row I have walked. I am amazed that I can say that. More exciting is the joy I am rediscovering on the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment