Day 12
This tree clearly fit my mood this morning. It is raining again and I can't say I was in anyway excited to be walking in it. I don't think it is the rain as much as it is the lack of sunshine. I has been grey for so long. It was early when I started. About 6:45am. I was still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, but I knew that if I didn't walk early it wouldn't happen. I was right. I am just now getting to the blogging process and it is 10pm. I walked for about 40 minutes and and thankful I went.
This tree reminded me of being a little girl and loving weeping willow trees. Nothing was more romantic or more story book perfect than a weeping willow tree by a lake. I still like them, and this is not a weeping willow but it had a weeping quality to it and reminded me of my little girl love of those trees.
This picture also says a lot about how I was feeling. It is complicated, busy, disorganized. It is dark, and wet. As I looked at this I couldn't help but think that this is what our lives look like when we don't let God prune, shape, weed and work in us. Lord, have your way in me!!!
I'm glad I walked, I know I needed to walk, I just wish life was a little easier some days. There is so much I need to get done, so much I need to get in order, and I'm not feeling it. I don't seem to know how. Maybe that is the problem. I'm not supposed to do it all. Or am I avoiding. Not sure.
Lord, send the sunshine. The sunshine on my walks and in my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment