sun set

sun set

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Day 8

Day 8



Today my walk almost didn't happen.  I'm not comfortable walking at night here in bear country... so my plan my time for walking got eaten up with a dinner invitation and being asked to do a favor.  I was happy to do both and am thankful I did.  However I must find a way to make sure I guard the walking time.  I returned on campus right around sundown. I grabbed my tennis shoes and started walking around campus in the little light that was left.  How many times do we do that with Sabbath?  How many times do we let other things encroach in on our Sabbath.  We let things, even good things, take us away from time with God.  I need to guard my walking time, I also want to guard my Sabbath time. 





When I stopped at this tree it was almost like a light. It was getting dark enough that many things were falling into the back ground. But this yellow tree was cutting through the dark.  It was bright and still reflecting what little light was left.  Is was a beautiful sight. 






These were just so cute! I know the picture is grainy.  I surprised you could see them at all because it was almost dark.  


This tree made me laugh.  It looked like it had gotten a bad hair cut.  It looked like a cartoon tree. Like a cartoon character.  It was good to laugh out loud.  Laugh at a tree.  I might be loosing it... or gaining it :).


It is dark and my walk is over.  What did I take away from it today... Plan and value the walks enough to say no to things if I need to, so that the walks don't get squeezed out.... Laugh, it feels really good!... Guard the Sabbath.  Enjoy the Sabbath!   

Happy Sabbath Everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment