sun set

sun set

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Day 34

Day 34


Day 34 was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  I spent my day packing up the car with groceries and food, after braving the Walmart crowd to do the shopping for the entire weekend.  We were headed to the lake house at Lake Watery in SC.  Chris had to work, so I was the one to load the car etc.  After packing up the cooler, and then a Rubbermaid container full of food and looked at them all and said to myself, "how am I going to get these to the car?"  They were incredibly heavy.  Then I bent down, used my legs, stood up and walked them to the car.  After two incredibly heavy loads I still had load after load after load to walk out to the car.  After loading, I met Chris at his work where we reloaded everything into his car and then we headed down the road to SC.  This picture was taken on the drive down.  Arriving at the lake house we started the process of unloading everything.  The only way into the house is up a very long flight of steps.  So up and down we went for a good 20 minutes.  After unloading the car we rested a while. Then Chris headed out the door to pick up Lensa.  Soon after he arrived the Kendalls arrived at the house and I went out side and then up and down the steps again to help move them in.  I decided after all that I would count it as a walk.  Those steps had been quite a work out not to mention all the work loading the car at home.  Not my typical walk but a good work out just the same.  Honestly it was a great day, where I could see the difference all the walks have been making.  I didn't dread going up and down the steps.  I didn't find a way to get out of it.  I just did it and felt great! It wasn't easy and I was tired but, BUT, I did it and I enjoyed it!  I say that is huge progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment