sun set

sun set

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Day 33

Day 33

Today I got braces put on my teeth.  Crazy.  The whole process has made me very reflective. It is amazing how braces can make you feel twelve again.  So with my new medal mouth I headed out for a walk.  It was cold but the sun was shining.  Not five minutes down the road, it sounded like a huge creature was in the woods right next to me. I stopped and looked and this was the huge creature making all the racket.  He was so cute, working so hard to gather nuts.



Such feathery looking weeds.  Again, I found it ironic.  These look so soft and feathery but in reality when you get close they are not soft, or feathery, they are just weeds, rough weeds at that. 

Oh the sun is so beautiful coming through the trees.  I took a moment and just stood under the tree.  I breathed in the cold fresh air and tried to decided if I turn around or keep going.  After a minute or so I decided to keep going.  I headed down toward the creek and  then up to the vinyard.

As I turned into the vineyard I noticed this, the curve in the road.  I am more and more loving the idea of the new road, a new turn, the new unknown around the corner.  What joy!


I then decided to walk up to the vineyard and ask permission to walk there anytime.  I walked up and and talked to a very nice lady who told me I was welcome to walk there.  I then walked down a hill past the rows and rows of vines and was struck by the beauty and the beautiful scent.  I took out my phone to take a picture and my phone, was dead again.  I was so disappointed.  So I just soaked it all in.  Ahh the beauty.  The smell of grapes drying on the vine was so beautiful.  It is quite possibly one of my favorite places now!   Maybe Chris and I need to move to Italy and buy an old vineyard! LOL! Wouldn't that be awesome!  



No comments:

Post a Comment