sun set

sun set

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Day 19

Day 19


As I stepped out onto my porch to start my walk the sun hit me in the face.  Wow what an amazing feeling.  It had been a rough morning.  I was struggling with some difficult things and then, I stood in the suns raise and just let it soak in.  I couldn't help but wonder how many days over the past 10 years I have missed this amazing feeling because I was sitting.  I didn't take the time to let the sun soak in.  I didn't take the time to let it wash over me, to relish in the sunshine, and miss it on rainy days.  I can't remember ever in my life basking in the rays like I did today!  


I felt the sun on my shoulder, then as the road changed directions it would be on my face, or my back, it was amazing.  I found myself almost walking with my eyes closed.  It just felt sooooo good! 




Down the road a little ways, there were hawks playing in the sky.  Ok maybe they weren't play but it sure looked like it.  At first I saw just one and then two and then there were 5!  They were just soaring around in the beautiful blue sky.  It was quite the site and way to hard to capture with my phone camera.  











This is the same creek that runs behind our house.  It is just a ways down the road.  Sometimes it runs dry but it was so full today.  I haven't seen our creek in years.  The fear of snakes and woods that need to be cleaned out have kept me away.  Seeing this and listening to the sound of the water made me long to go down into our woods and find the creek again.  Maybe we can work on cleaning them out some this winter and at make a path.  I love the sound of water and the sound today was particularly soothing.  





I could not believe this mushroom.  It was perfect.  I half expected to see a fairy sitting under it.  The bright green moss around it and everything else just made for a beautiful site.  




The road home, bathed in sunshine!  Oh how beautiful it is! 


The color of the sky was so spectacular and here with the red and green in the trees. Wow, wow!






Oh the beauty of just standing and letting the sun soak through you.  I kept stopping just to feel the warmth/burn of the sun.  It was so needed.  Then I kept hearing the song, "Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy."  I wondered.... what is the "sonshine" what are the rays that penetrate our soul. If I sang, "Sonshine on my shoulders makes me happy." What would it be talking about? Godly friends who send you texts at the most needed moment, (only explained by the prompting of the Holy Spirit), a song that hits you in the soul and rests there, the beauty of His creation, are all these Sonshine? 

Lord, thank you so much for the sunshine today.  Thank you for the warmth that ministered to my soul. Thank you for the beauty that surrounded me.  Thank you for friends who also love you, Thank you for music that ministers to my soul.  Lord, thank you for this journey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment