Day 16
As I stepped out onto the porch dreading another drizzly grey walk I looked up and this is what I saw. It isn't a very good picture but there were a couple strips of blue sky peaking through. It isn't much but hopefully some sun is coming! Then I noticed it wasn't raining. So without a poncho or a coat I headed out on my walk. Again it was a real struggle to get out there. I really wanted nothing more than to sit and cuddle with my man, but out I went.
This tree in someways is so delicate. It is a pine, very tall, and the leaves are very feathery and very small. It doesn't look like it should be standing with such strength. It looks too delicate and soft. It is a woman for sure! Delicate, soft, feminine and yet incredibly strong. I have to admit after admiring it and taking a picture I started walking a little taller.
The lasso up in the tree is just vines that grew that way. I just thought it was interesting.
We have had so much rain recently that the river flooded recently. I was down by the river that was cresting and rushing very strong. Obviously it was going down though. Look at the leaves on the tree trunks. It not only was flooded but rushing. What power water has.
Grass I find so interesting. I have loved this soft looking grass since I was very young. I can't remember a time when I didn't love them. There is something about things that look delicate and soft that I love. Perhaps something I am striving to be. Maybe, maybe not. I do think I have always been affirmed for being more of a tom boy than feminine and being a lady has been something I have always wanted to be. Lord, help me embrace femininity and honor the woman you created me to be.
I love being on a path or road where the trees are covering the road. I have always thought it was so protective, so beautiful. It is like a path with a tree tunnel. Love.
I was so excited to see clouds. The sky has been so flat and grey with no dimension for so long. What a blessing it was to see clouds.
It was hard to get out there. It was hard to find the gumption to move. But I did and that is one more small victory for me. I will admit that I have for the first time in my life found that I actually feel better after walking. I can honestly say I have never felt that before in my life. I consider that feeling a huge victory and confirmation that perhaps I am doing something good for me. So Day 16 done. Day 17 just hours away. Maybe the sun will come out tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment