Day 15
Another grey day. The sky kept spitting and misting. With a warm 72 degrees it felt very tropical. I was extremely tired today and just wanted to nap, but I put on my shoes and headed into the moist grey. Right away I was thrilled to see the rain drops on leaves and grass. It is like diamonds everywhere. The fresh air helped too, but it was a very slow walk.
As I headed down the path I was again struck by the beauty of the ever thickening carpet of leaves. As the trees finish dropping it is so beautiful. I know I have taken pictures of leaves on the ground a lot but I love their beauty and they will soon be gone.
Seeing this tree almost empty of leaves and the beautiful carpet just below, reminded me of how we can only affect our own reach or our territory. Too many times I am thinking about things that are not for me to worry about. Too many times as a country we post and post on facebook about this and that terrible or great thing happening somewhere in the world. Perhaps if we spent more time worrying and thinking about our territory. I need to be the best me, put my energy into my family, my church, my work, and not spend too much time focusing on things I can't change.
I saw this "flower" in all the brown, dead leaves. I was surprised. What flower blooms this time of year beside the road when everything else is dying? On closer inspection I discovered that it is a mushroom. That made more sense. After all it has been raining, overcast, or misting for over a week. What a beautiful color. I had never seen a mushroom like this. Then I found another one.
God's creation is always surprising. There is always more variety. A good argument for me not trying to be anyone but me.
Turning back toward home I saw a tiny bit of blue sky. It was hopeful... but never became more.
Lord thank you for the every changing beauty around me. Thank you for providing so many different species that I am continually surprised. May I keep my focus on the territory that you have entrusted me with. I want to keep my focus where you want it to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment