sun set

sun set

Friday, December 4, 2015

Day 35

Day 35

Thanksgiving Day 2015


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal on the porch at the lake.  It was such a special time and like every year, we all ate too much and were at great risk of going into a food coma.  However... I went and put on my walking shoes and headed out for a walk.  I kept thinking about a conversation I had had with Andrew about the importance or the benefits of taking a 10 minute walk after each meal.  I didn't do that but I was headed out the door after Thanksgiving, with a house full of people.  It was something I don't think I have ever done.  


It was a perfect 72 degrees and bright blue skies.  What a joy to walk on a day like this.  I also had the privileged of walking down a road I had never walked on before! I love that!







As I came up over the small hill past some abandoned looking homes, I saw these ducks sunning and enjoying the dock.  The sad part is they saw me too and didn't stay put for long. 









This walk was a huge victory for me.  I love being with people and leaving friends and family to go on a walk instead of sitting around talking in the living room was a huge huge change for me.  A few months ago I would have never even considered doing such a thing.  It was weird.  I hated to go but once I started walking I was so glad I had.  What a blessing.  What a huge blessing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment