Day 5
Today was a wet and rainy day. I headed out with an umbrella and my phone. It was a cool 47 degrees with a steady light rain. Walking under the trees was a wonderful sound and everything glistened in the rain.
 |
| Add caption |
At some point along the way I started noticing the differences in all the leaves. The sizes, the shapes, the colors, and even the different textures. It struck me how beautiful it was to see all the differences. I can't imagine what it would look like if there was only one kind of tree. One leaf. Even if they were all red it wouldn't be as wonderful as having the green, red, yellow, brown, and orange. How many times do I wish I was a different shaped leaf, or a different color. I need to stop trying to be something or someone else and appreciate what God created me to be.
 |
| As I turned into a neighborhood I saw this pole. At first I thought, "Someone needs to clean off this pole." Then I thought how cool that God's creation is taking over and covering the ugly man made pole. |
"Lord, cover me completely. Cover me with vines that take over, that are relentless and eventually all you see is YOU!"
 |
This was quite a hill. It doesn't look as large in the picture. I hesitated. Then decided to stop looking at the hill and just enjoy each step, no matter how slow and see where how far I go. It didn't take long and the tree captured my attention, then another tree. It was amazing how keeping my focus on the beauty around me instead of the hill made the hill manageable. Hmmmmm life lesson right there. |

|
Loved the "diamonds" at the tips of all the pine needles. Wish the camera captured it!
|
 |
| This walk ended in the rain just like it started. I couldn't help but think how many times we stay inside because of the rain and miss a beautiful experience. Rain is not bad weather, just different. Rain washes the earth, nourishes it. Rain makes everything glisten. As I finished the walk, my feet were damp, my hands and arms were wet, my legs were wet. It felt good! |
Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.” John 13:8
No comments:
Post a Comment