sun set

sun set

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Day 3

Day 3


"They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty- 
and I will meditate on your wonderful works."
Psalm 145:5

This evening as I started my walk the colors were so beautiful.  The sky was grey but the trees were spectacular.
As I started my walk I had a goal.  There is a church just a short distance down the road outside our neighborhood.  Several years ago while training for a half marathon I would run to the church and back.  The church was nothing more than the turn around point.  During those runs all I was focusing on was where I would run and where I would walk, or the time.  Tonight I wanted to explore the road and really see the road.  I wasn't disappointed. Before even leaving the neighborhood I enjoyed seeing the color and the details. 





I turned the corner leaving our neighborhood and couldn't help but think how beautiful it was seeing a new road.  A new path.  A new life!  One step at a time I am going to go places I've never been. See things I wouldn't have otherwise seen. How many times have I gotten stuck in patterns I don't like, or habits I don't like and yet I just keep doing them over and over again.  Walking, finding a new path, a new road is giving me license to walk a new walk.  Live a new life.    
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17


Along the road there were details that mesmerized me.  Little tiny flowers, moss, sticks, rocks, trees, tall weeds and more.

  


Then there was a moment.  A moment I hope to never forget.  As I was walking and looking for the details, I kept seeing trash.  Beer cans, cigarette buds or packages, a pizza box.  The litter was making me mad.  It was a dirty distraction from the beauty I was seeking.  Then I saw a faded french fries box.  I didn't stop to take a picture... it wasn't until I was several yards down the road that it hit me.  I don't litter, but I love love love french fries.  I can skip chips or ice cream but french fries are very hard for me to say no to.  The contrast between God's creation and that french fry was great.  I am God's creation too. Filling it with french fries just as degrading as the litter was to the flowers beside the road.  I do want to quit littering my insides!  I almost went back to take a picture and then I saw this......

Another one of the things I like littering my body with.  I'm not saying I will not partake of french fries ever again.  I am also not saying that I will never drink a soda.  However, I hope to limit them and the next time I want one ask the question.... Do I really want to litter God's creation?

Then just a few yards down the road I saw this.... I wish I had a better camera to adequately show the delicate beauty but this is what I hope to cultivate in me.  The beauty God intended! 




Not long after as I was still contemplating the idea of my body, me being God's beautiful creation I turn a corner and see....



Just some beauty on the way home






I was happy to get into the neighborhood after a long walk.  My heart was full and my legs were tired.  As I turned the corner and could see my yard ahead, a family of deer were crossing the road.  I tried to take a picture but it was too dark.  What an exclamation mark on my walk.  


1 comment: