sun set

sun set

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Day 7

Day 7



Today was the first day so far that I really struggled getting up and getting going.  I listened to all my excuses and heard them for what they were.  So I got up, put on my shoes grabbed my phone and headed outside.  Then before I was even out of the driveway the drops started falling.  The sky looked angry and I tried to give myself an excuse to not go walking, but I have said, rain or shine, so I tried to imagine what it would be like to walk in a down pour and kept going. 

This tree looked like it had a red tutu on.  I laughed at it imagining it as a ballet dancer.  Love the red! 

I decided to turn onto a side road I have not walked down yet since starting this journey.  As I turned I was still fighting with myself.  Telling myself that if I only took a couple pictures, and if I just went on a very short walk it would be fine.  Maybe just to the first road.  Then I saw a driveway that used to have a gate over it and a sign that said no trespassing.  Both were gone and I was intrigued. So down into the woods I went. 






It was beautiful and then I saw this...


Seeing the acorns made me remember my dad using them to whistle. As a little girl I was in awe of him, and in awe of the huge sound coming out of the little acorn top.  It brought a smile to my face and reminded me of the importance of this walk.  It is important to find that joy, that awe of a little girl, who is amazed by God.  



The bright green next to the dead leaves and sticks was so striking.  We live in a dark world and I hope to be a little shocking. :)



The rain had stopped and the sky looked like I felt.  It wanted to give up and just sit and be stormy. But then there were these little peaks of blue sky.  Then it would get dark again.  It couldn't decide which way to be and neither could I.  I wanted to just be grumpy and curled up in my chair watch a movie.  Instead here I was walking....I wanted the blue sky on my walk, maybe I needed to want the blue sky in my life! So instead of walking back home I turned left and kept walking. 


Fences are beautiful, confining, yet provides safety.  I was thinking about God's rules or laws and how we look at them in different ways.  Do we see them as holding us back,  or giving us protection?




As I started to move on from the fence I saw the sun.  It was so beautiful to see.  The rain was gone and the sun was peaking through the clouds.  



Clover, I loved clover as a girl.  I remember sitting in clover for long periods of time.  Looking for 4 leaf clovers or just looking at them as little canopies or umbrellas for tiny imaginary creatures. It brought a smile to my face to remember. 


After paying attention to the tiny details I looked up.  Wow.  I love the sky.  It always changing, living.  It seems to have a personality or a mood that is continually changing.  When I started the walk it was grumpy and dark and then it was confused and now, it was breaking through.  I could relate.  I wasn't grumpy anymore, I wasn't wanting to run to the chair.  I was enjoying being free, feeling, laughing. I was breaking through.  












After listening to the creek, enjoying the water, I started home.  As I rounded the corner to the house I saw the house and was struck by the beauty of where it sits.  I have to say for years and years I have dreamed of having a place that is more picturesque. I have frankly be unhappy with where we are.  I have looked at at houses on line and dreamed.  In the last 6 days that has changed so much.  I think in my neighborhood I have only focused on the people I don't know, the things that need to be done, the negatives.  Now seeking the beauty in Gods creation and made me see the beauty in my home, in the location and the neighborhood as a whole.  How many other things in my life would be different if I was keeping my eyes on Jesus and His creation!




I came inside just filled with joy.  I am so glad I went.  So glad I didn't continue to sit in the darkness.  I walk in and the first thing I saw was....



God is so good and His glories never end!  

No comments:

Post a Comment