Today's walk didn't start until late tonight. As I started putting on my clothes to head out Chris asked that I wear light colors. I agreed put on white jeans, white shoes and just for kicks at black shirt covered in white stars. It seemed fitting for a walk at night.
As I headed out the door into the darkness I found myself excited to experience a night walk. Shouldn't I be afraid? Of what? Would I be able to experience God?
As I headed out the door into the darkness I found myself excited to experience a night walk. Shouldn't I be afraid? Of what? Would I be able to experience God?
| It is amazing how little will show up on film. I could see contrast between dark and light. But every picture just came out dark. |
God is light;in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:5-7
Reflecting on the beauty of yesterdays walk I found myself longing to really see. To see the color the detail. I turned on my flashlight and it didn't help. It highlighted just my feet hitting the pavement but made everything else even darker. It took away the little I could see.
In the light...
In the dark...
Do you see the same tree. I want so much to be in the light. I want to be walking with Jesus.
Then as I walked I chose to stop taking pictures, stop using the flashlight and just listened. As soon as I did I heard an owl in our woods, I heard a deer in the woods next to me. (Gave me quite a jump!) I inhaled the fresh air! It was amazing!
As I returned home I saw light that warmed my heart. The light of my dining room and front porch. Both were so welcoming, calling me home.
Tonight I learned to walk in the dark. I learned to appreciate the quiet. Most importantly I was reminded how precious the light is. How much I long to be in the light. I want to walk in the light. His light.
Lord, I'm tired of being in the dark, I'm tired of seeing only the contrast between dark and light in this sinful world. I long to have the fellowship that comes from being in you!
God is light;in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:5-7
Love how you parallel the light and dark of our atmosphere with being in the light of Christ! So beautiful ~ I am praying just that for you on your journey! Remember in darkness many dangers can lurk so please walk daily in the light! I know there is a beautiful stillness in the night and early mornings but be safe girl! Love you!
ReplyDelete