sun set

sun set

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Day 94


Day 94

It is snowy and quite cold, but so much fun to be out in.  Chris went with me today.  It was so nice having the company.  This log caught my eye.  I love the contrast.  The stark white and black.  I have always loved nail polish.  I love nail polish of every kind.  I love designs, all different colors and even black.  Many schools including where I work say that girls need to wear natural colors.  What they mean by this is light pinks....here it is proof that black and white is a natural color combination... God himself uses!  Seriously though, how beautiful is the two extremes.  

As Chris and I started out on our walk, right off the bat I saw this....


The birds have been enjoying the feast laid out by Chris.  How cute are their foot prints...


We decided to head down into the woods.  Again, what beauty in the contrast of black and white!



The deeper in the woods we got, the more and more deer prints we found. 




As we headed home you could see the sky starting to show signs of breaking up.  Maybe a hint of blue... or were we imagining it.  So beautiful.  Like a painting.... I love sky!



Then back in our driveway we saw another type of print... ours.  What a difference from the bird prints, and the deer prints.  Made me think about our foot print.  I'm not talking about the foot print that environmentalists talk about, I mean what "stamp" or print are we leaving here on this world.  Or what print am I leaving today, this week, in my home, in the lives of my children, in my work. Do I leave stress or joy?  Do I leave exhaustion or wonder?  Do I leave gossip or understanding? What is my foot print?  

No comments:

Post a Comment