Day 93
It is Friday, and I have been trying to get started again blogging. I kept trying to figure out how. Today as I walked while the sleet was raining down on me and turning the neighborhood into a beautiful blanket of white, I kept thinking about the scripture that talks about Jesus making us white as snow. What a beautiful thought to be that white! That clean! That new! I decided it was a good day to start new! It has also been exactly 3 months since I started this journey!
As I stepped out the door the sound of the sleet was so loud, I hesitated. Not sure if I wanted to be out in all that. But, I stepped out and I am so glad I did.
As I walked along I had a hard time looking up. The sleet was coming down so hard that I needed to look down to shelter my eyes. Looking down my view was so limited. All I was seeing was the road, the tracks, my feet. Not exactly the beautiful walk I had hoped for in the "snow." I kept trying to look up but it hurt.
I finally went off road under this tree to get a picture. There the sleet wasn't hitting my face. I was sheltered. So I just stood there in the snow and soaked in my surroundings. Wow it was beautiful!
Everything was so white. It was beautiful! Even in the midst of the storm. The sky was still grey and there was no sun, but it was so white and beautiful! I couldn't help but think how if we are willing Jesus will cleans us and make us white as snow, but that doesn't mean we will be in the sunshine at all times. We may be in the midst of the storm.
This was a run away Christmas ball that was out in the sleet. The added layer of ice was beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment