sun set

sun set

Friday, December 4, 2015

Day 36

Day 36

Another huge step for me... I don't like walking with people.  I am slow and it makes me insecure and way to focused on what I'm not doing, to fellowship and enjoy the experience. So the day after thanksgiving it was time to walk, and everyone decided they wanted to go to a soccer field not too far away.  I considered going on my own walk alone, and then changed my mind.  After all it has been 36 days, so maybe I can shut down the negative voices and just walk and talk and play and enjoy, not just the walk but everyone.  So I put on my shoes.  What a beautiful picture this was! It was a perfect day, beautiful sun, sky and a beautiful 73 degrees.  Oh how beautiful this walk was! 



We arrived at the field and I stood around and talked with Carolyn, while the kids played around with the ball.  Then it was decided that we would play a game of football.  Next thing you know I'm playing football. My team consisted of Luke, Josh and myself.  We played for a while and then after the game was decided Chris joined in and they played a game of adults against kids.  I sat that one out.  This is a picture of that game.  What a huge change though.  I don't think I have ever played a football game with my kids... :(   The good news is I'm making progress, and maybe, if my kids get busy, I can play football with my grandchildren! 


No comments:

Post a Comment